M1 Patch! A Theatre Festival of Artful Play returns this year with a new season of over 15
fun and playful programmes! Organised by bilingual theatre company The Theatre Practice
(Practice), the festival will be held at the home of Practice on Waterloo Street from 22 June
to 1 September 2019.
“Play” has been an intrinsic part of Practice’s philosophy, motivation behind its art-making
impulses and the engine behind its artistic growth. With M1 Patch!, Practice continues to
embody the irrepressible spirit and fearless experimentation of play, creating a festival to
inspire audiences and artists to trust their instincts and rediscover the spirit of artful play.
This year’s M1 Patch! continues to be a festival of possibilities featuring a diverse line-up of
programmes centred around thoughtful play and invites everyone to come and play,
regardless of age, language, forms or genres.
Visit www.practice.org.sg/m1patch for the full line-up of festival programmes.
Gain access to the festival’s ticketed events and enjoy greatest savings with the M1 Patch!
Festival Pass – available at $143 (U.P. $177) – till 31 May or while stocks last.
Aliwal Arts Night Crawl (#AliwalANC19), the annual multi-disciplinary arts festival held in Kampong Glam, returns for its seventh edition. The signature event by Aliwal Arts Centre pays homage to the rich cultural heritage of Kampong Glam. The festival will feature curated programmes that fuse tradition and heritage with a contemporary edge. From storytelling tours, performances, to immersive workshops and a night market, join artists in Aliwal Arts Centre and their partners and discover new interpretations of Kampong Glam’s past and present.
Highlights of the festival include:
- Art and Storytelling tours: Join the tours to uncover the rich cultural and heritage secrets of Kampong Glam. RSCLS helms the street art tour, D’tour, bringing participants to check out new works in the district. Travel through time on MoonShadow Stories’ sensory storytelling tour as storytellers tell the tales reimagined from folklore and history of Kampong Glam’s aristocrats, merchants and ethnic communities.
- Performances: Enjoy multi-disciplinary performances incorporating modern technology into art. Experience poetry reading together with participants from various countries through virtual reality. Soak into dance and music performances by Teatre Ekamatra, NADI Singapura, SGMUSO and more.
- Exhibitions: Check out exhibits curated by RSCLS and 9 Lives Show that showcase the stories of Kampong Glam including its residents, shop owners and even its cats!
- Workshops: Express your creativity by creating unique masterpieces at art and music workshops held by RSCLS, 9 Lives Show and NADI Singapura.
- Lifestyle: Delight in a special edition of So Gelam Market. The pop-up market will line Aliwal Street with a mix of traditional and modern food as well as merchandise.