Come down to the Goodman Open House, a family-friendly arts festival that offers visitors of all ages the opportunity to enjoy and experience diverse art forms. Held at Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore’s largest arts enclave, visitors can also step into the intimate spaces of the artists’ studios to better understand the art-making process.
Be immersed in participative music and movement performances with over 20 different workshops and performances by Goodman’s resident artists and arts groups based on the themes of Music, Dance and Play. Festival-goers can also look forward to hands-on workshops, studio visits, and a mini food and art marketplace.
Key highlights include:
- Sit back, unwind and sing along to performances by the Singapore Lyric Opera’s Children Choir and the Philharmonic Youth Winds
- Families with babies can check out Little Creatures, a series of musical jam programmes curated by SAtheCollective, dedicated to allowing little ones to experiment with musical instruments and exploring sounds and musical ideas
- A jam-along Music Jamboree featuring live musicians and ethnic instruments playing old and new songs
- Experience different dance rhythms and movements with interactive dance performances specially curated for both junior and adult audiences
- Learn more about storytelling using hand gestures, one of the core aspects of Indian Classical Dance
- Play: Families can look forward to a day of bonding and creativity with fun-filling activities ranging from storytelling sessions, chime-making workshops, watching a puppetry production, caricature drawing or even participate in creating a floor mural!
- Experience: Visitors can immerse themselves in diverse art forms and engage with Goodman’s resident artists through open studio visits and have a better understanding of the process of art creation.
- Lifestyle: A specially-curated mini food and art marketplace will also be available during the open house.
Get ready to groove, dance and have a play-full day out this June holiday at the Goodman Open House 2019 on 22 June 2019 (Saturday), from 11am – 5pm! Admission is free. More information will be updated on Goodman Arts Centre’s website here.
M1 Patch! A Theatre Festival of Artful Play returns this year with a new season of over 15
fun and playful programmes! Organised by bilingual theatre company The Theatre Practice
(Practice), the festival will be held at the home of Practice on Waterloo Street from 22 June
to 1 September 2019.
“Play” has been an intrinsic part of Practice’s philosophy, motivation behind its art-making
impulses and the engine behind its artistic growth. With M1 Patch!, Practice continues to
embody the irrepressible spirit and fearless experimentation of play, creating a festival to
inspire audiences and artists to trust their instincts and rediscover the spirit of artful play.
This year’s M1 Patch! continues to be a festival of possibilities featuring a diverse line-up of
programmes centred around thoughtful play and invites everyone to come and play,
regardless of age, language, forms or genres.
Visit www.practice.org.sg/m1patch for the full line-up of festival programmes.
Gain access to the festival’s ticketed events and enjoy greatest savings with the M1 Patch!
Festival Pass – available at $143 (U.P. $177) – till 31 May or while stocks last.