Scream Asia Film Festival will screen a total of 11 feature films and 1 short film from Singapore, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Sweden, Brazil, UK and USA. These films were selected by Singaporean filmmaker Eric Khoo and South Korean film programmer Jongsuk Thomas Nam.
There will also be two masterclasses taught by acclaimed horror filmmakers Joko Anwar and Yeon Sang-ho.
Joko Anwar directed Satan’s Slaves (2018), which became the highest grossing Indonesian horror film of all time and the highest grossing Indonesian film of 2017.
Yeon Sang-ho directed Train to Busan (2016), which premiered in the Midnight Screenings section of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and became the highest-grossing Korean film in Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
The film lineup:
- OPENING FILM & WORLD PREMIERE – Zombiepura (Singapore), directed by Jacen Tan
- CLOSING FILM – They Who Are Not Seen (Indonesia), directed by Billy Christian. SPECIAL SHORT FILM PRESENTATION WITH CLOSING FILM – Hana (Japan & Korea), directed by Mai Nakanishi
- ASIAN PREMIERE – Overlord (USA), directed by Julius Avery and produced by J.J. Abrams
- The House that Jack Built (Denmark, France, Germany, Sweden), starring Matt Dillon
- Mom and Dad (USA), starring Nicolas Cage
- Ghost Stories (UK), starring Martin Freeman
- Tokyo Living Dead Idol (Japan), directed by Yuki Kumagai
- Hounds of Love (Australia), directed by Ben Young
- The Cannibal Club (Brazil), directed by Guto Parente
None of these films have been screened theatrically in Singapore. For more, visit https://screamasiafilmfest.com.