If you’re an art student, budding artist or illustrator who wants to get their work on the cover of Campus Magazine, then take part in our cover contest! The rules are simple: 1) you simply have to be a student, and 2) there are 2 easy ways to enter:
METHOD 1: via Instagram
Stand a chance to get your original artwork featured on our cover AND win Juice Paint markers from Pilot Pen! Post your original cover art via Instagram with the hashtags #CampusCover2019 and #CampusPilotPen.
To ensure that we can see your submission(s), remember to set your profile to ‘Public’, and of course, make sure that your artwork is original and/or that you have the rights to it.
While only ONE winner will be featured on our upcoming issue cover, there will be 10 (TEN) winners who will be walking home with Juice Paint markers and pens worth $100 from Pilot Pen.
METHOD 2: via the “GIF Challenge 2019”
Date: 24th & 25th August 2019
Time: 10am to 8pm
Location: LASALLE College of the Arts, McNally campus
You have 24 hours to create an animated GIF based on a list of short texts provided by the Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC) 2019. It could be based on a character, a plot, an emotion – all up to your imagination! Register here by 16 Aug 2019 to get a free tutorial on making animated GIFs on 17 Aug 2019. Deadline for the GIF Challenge 2019 application is 23 Aug 2019.
The best GIF will be featured on our upcoming cover, plus there’s a grand prize (worth over $800), and 4 runner-up prizes worth over $400 each, all courtesy of Pilot Pen.
BONUS: Sketch your art to win prizes
WIN Pilot pens and stationery worth up to $100 simply by sketching your art on the official sketchbook at the GIF Challenge 2019, held at LASALLE College of the Arts! Yep, even a sketch can bag you prizes!
Contest closes 26th August 2019.
Terms and conditions:
• All artwork must be original, and you must have full rights to it
• There will be ONE cover chosen for our October issue; judges from Campus Magazine, LASALLE, and Pilot Pen will decide on the cover art based on combined entries via Instagram and the GIF Challenge 2019
• All decisions made by the judges are final.
• For Instagram entrants: ensure that your profile is set to ‘Public’ so we can view your artwork. We will PM you if you are chosen.
• For sketchbook entrants: ensure that you leave your contact details so that we may contact you for your prize.
• The contest is open to tertiary students residing in Singapore